Code of Conduct of the Nikkan Industries Group
– SUSTAINABLE ECONOMIC GROWTH AND SOLVING SOCIETAL PROBLEMS –
1. The Nikkan Industries Group pursues sustainable economic growth and solutions for societal problems by developing and providing socially useful and safe products/services through innovation.
– COMPLIANCE –
2. The Nikkan Industries Group conducts our business fairly and honestly, not only complying with laws and international rules but also adhering to the spirit of the law and corporate ethics.
– ENVIRONMENTAL CONSERVATION –
3. By recognizing that the conservation of the global environment is a matter of the utmost importance common to humanity in the 21st century, the Nikkan Industries Group pays attention, as requirements for the continuation and activities of the company, to the conservation of the environment in all facets of our corporate activities.
– QUALITY MANAGEMENT/INFORMATION MANAGEMENT –
4. The Nikkan Industries Group earns the trust of our customers by responding to our customers’ needs through the provision of pertinent information about products/services and by carefully handling customer information and other information that matters to our customers.
– FAIR BUSINESS CONDUCT –
5. The Nikkan Industries Group engages in fair, transparent, and free competition and proper transactions. By maintaining only proper and transparent relationships with public office holders and the government administration, we reject collusion and refuse to conduct unfair business.
– HUMAN RIGHTS/LABOR/HEALTH –
6. The Nikkan Industries Group respects the human rights of all members of the society and appreciates the diversity, dignity, and individuality of our employees. We create a work-friendly environment that takes into account the health and safety of the employees.
– SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY –
7. The Nikkan Industries Group proactively engages, as a good corporate citizen, in efforts to contribute to the local community.
– ENSURING CRISIS MANAGEMENT –
8. The Nikkan Industries Group ensures systematic crisis management in preparation for the activities of antisocial forces and terrorism, cyber attacks, natural disasters, and other crises that threaten the civic life and corporate activities.
– RESPONSIBILITY OF EMPLOYEES –
9. Employees of the Nikkan Industries group shall pledge to comply with Codes of Conduct. If they become aware of any non-compliant activity, they shall immediately report to their manager or via the internal reporting system.
– ROLE OF TOP MANAGEMENT IN PROMOTING THE CODE –
10. The executives of the Nikkan Industries Group engage in management by recognizing that they are responsible in realizing the spirit of the Code of Conduct. They are tasked to build effective governance to ensure the dissemination of the Code within the company and group companies.